Classes have begun, and we would like to send you the best of wishes as you start the next term. Summer is right around the corner, so finish strong and continue to work hard every day! Let the office staff know if there is anything we can help you with so that you can stay successful. We have many great and exciting events happening this month, and we can’t wait to share those with you!
We’re very excited to have two new Community Assistants as part of our team. Denise is now our second floor CA, and Kaitlyn is our sixth floor CA. If you haven’t already, stop by and say hello! Welcome to Titan Court, Denise and Kaitlyn!
Reminders & Updates
Come renew your lease for the upcoming school year! We’re the only all-inclusive student apartments in Eugene, and we have rents as low as $525 —make sure to sign today to get the best pricing.
Residents Take the It’s On Us Pledge
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and as you may know, Campus Advantage has partnered with the White House to support the It’s On Us campaign to change the culture around sexual violence on college campuses. It’s On Us invites everyone to step up and realize that the solution begins with individuals. It’s a declaration that sexual assault is not only a crime committed by a perpetrator against a victim, but a societal problem in which all of us have a role to play. This pledge is a personal commitment to help keep women and men safe from sexual assault. It is a promise not to be a bystander to the problem, but to be a part of the solution.
Please read and share the following It’s On Us tips:
- Talk to your friends honestly and openly about sexual assault.
- Don’t just be a bystander — if you see something, intervene in any way you can.
- Trust your gut. If something looks like it may be a bad situation, it probably is.
- Be direct. Ask someone who looks like they may need help if they’re OK.
- Get someone to help you if you see something — enlist a friend, CA, bartender, or host to help step in.
- Keep an eye on someone who has had too much to drink.
- If you see someone who is too intoxicated to consent, enlist their friends to help them leave safely.
- Recognize the potential danger of someone who talks about planning to target another person at a party.
- Be aware if someone is deliberately trying to intoxicate, isolate or corner someone else.
- Get in the way by creating a distraction, drawing attention to the situation, or separating them.
- Understand that if someone does not or cannot consent to sex, it is rape.
- Never blame the victim.
- If you are a victim or survivor, or helping someone in that situation, go to notalone.gov to get the resources and information you need. You can also call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE.
To learn more about It’s On Us and to take the pledge, please visit https://www.campusadv.com/its-on-us.
Community Events Calendar
April Fools’ Video Submission — April 1
Post an April Fools’ video of the pranks you pull on your roommates to our Facebook page. The video with the most likes will receive a prize!
Garage Sale — April 7
Bring your old clothes, accessories, or anything you would like to sell down to the community room starting at 6:30 p.m. Think of it as spring cleaning when you clear out the junk you don’t need!
Arbor Day Flower Pot Painting — April 8
Come paint some flower pots to help bring in the spring! After all, April showers bring May flowers.
Relay For Life Bake Sale — April 8
Grab a treat from our bake sale on your way out the door! All proceeds will go to Relay For Life, so stop by starting at 10:00 a.m. to grab a delicious dessert before they’re gone!
Success Week — April 13–16
Take part in Success Week for the best living, learning, and career experiences in Eugene! We’ll have a week full of events, and you could win prizes valued at up to $4,000 just for showing up and signing a lease. Events will include:
Monday — Personal Pizza Night — Make your pizza just the way you like it starting at 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday — Trivia Night — Test your mental health in the community room at 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday — Resume & Cover Letter Workshop — Get ready for the job market by joining us for a workshop at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday — Spring BBQ — Enjoy the first BBQ of the year at 5:00 p.m.
Earth Day Scavenger Hunt — April 22
Celebrate Earth Day with us as you explore the world of what can be recycled and what should be thrown away. The scavenger hunt starts at 7:00 p.m., so don’t miss out!