The staff at Titan Court wishes you the best of luck as you complete your finals and finish the fall term! If you need any help from the staff, please don’t hesitate to come ask us any questions that you might have as you take on winter break and your next upcoming term. Don’t forget to come down and sign a lease to secure your home for next year! We hope you have a splendid holiday season that you can enjoy with friends, family, and the staff at Titan Court!
We are very excited to welcome Edgar to our team as our newest second floor community assistant! Want to get to know him? Come down to the office and say hello.
Also, follow our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages @TitanCourt for a chance to win lots of prizes. We’ll be having lots of chances every day for you to win something fun, and it’s the perfect way to kick off the holiday season!
Reminders & Updates
Come to the office today and let us know if you have gotten a new phone number, email, or alternative way of contacting you. We love to keep in contact with our residents and make sure that everyone is up to date with events, rent, and everything we have happening at Titan Court.
Don’t forget to pay your rent before the 4th of the month at 10 p.m. to avoid any late fees! You can pay online at www.titancourt.com, or bring a check or money order to the office. Money orders can be purchased at your bank, 7-Eleven, Walmart, or any other local store. If we aren’t in the office, we have a dropbox located right outside our office door.
Learn. Celebrate. Observe. Grow.
The month of December marks a number of religious and cultural holidays. During this season, we encourage you to learn more about your friends and neighbors as we celebrate the differences that make us unique and the similarities that bring us together in our communities.
- December 6–14 is Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights. This eight-day Jewish holiday is observed by lighting candles on a menorah, one for each day of the festival.
- December 8 is Bodhi Day. This Buddhist holiday commemorates the day the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, reached enlightenment under the Bodhi tree at Bodhgaya, India.
- December 12 is Feast Day at Our Lady of Guadalupe. This day honors the belief that Jesus’ mother Mary appeared to a man in Mexico City in 1531.
- December 16–24 is Las Posadas. During this nine-day celebration — celebrated chiefly in Mexico, Guatemala and the southwestern United States — the trials Mary and Joseph endured during their journey to Bethlehem are reenacted.
- December 22 is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Worldwide, this has been recognized in various ways across cultures, including many focused on rebirth and renewal.
- December 25 is Christmas, an important holiday in the Christian religion representing the birth of Jesus Christ. It is traditionally celebrated with gift giving and candle lighting.
- December 26–January 1 is Kwanzaa, a weeklong African-American celebration started by Maulana Karenga in 1966 to celebrate universal African heritage in African-American culture. It is observed by lighting candles each day to represent each of the holiday’s seven core principles, culminating in a feast and gift giving.
We wish each of you a wonderful month and an enjoyable winter break!
Community Events Calendar
Holiday Party at Titan Court — December 3
Join us in the community room for a holiday party with the LCC International Program! Come for a night of karaoke, cookie decorating, and fancy sandwiches!
Pictures with Santa — December 4 @ 6:00 p.m.
Elf Movie Night — December 17 @ 7:00 p.m.
Don’t be a cotton-headed ninny-muggins and come watch Elf!
Visit our Facebook page to stay up to date on what everyone is doing over the holiday break!