We’re very excited for our move-in day, September 16, to meet all of our new residents joining us for the next year. We are really excited with the amount of renewals we have and can’t wait to see what this year brings. We have a lot of events for you coming up that we would love to see everyone attend, such as a Spencer Butte Hike, craft nights, floor meetings, and so much more! We’re very excited for a great year with some really fabulous residents.
Is there an event you would like to see at Titan Court? Come down and place your idea in our event box. Once a month, we’ll choose an event from that box, and if we choose yours, you’ll get a gift card from the staff at Titan Court! We would love to see and hear what you want at Titan Court.
Reminders & Updates
Come to the office today and let us know if you have gotten a new phone number, email, or way of contacting you. We love to keep in contact with our residents and make sure that everyone is up to date with events, rent, and everything we have happening at Titan Court.
Don’t forget to pay your rent before the 4th at 10 p.m. to avoid any late fees! You can pay online at www.titancourt.com, or bring a check or money order to the office. Money orders can be purchased at your bank, 7-Eleven, Walmart, or any other local store. If we aren’t in the office, we have a dropbox located right outside of our office door.
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you are sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process, if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being — the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
Friday, September 16 — MOVE-IN FEST 2016 — Move-in day starts at 1 p.m.!
Saturday, September 17 — UO vs. Nebraska — Kickoff at 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 18 — Mug Craft Night @ 5:30 p.m.
Monday, September 19 — Move-in BBQ @ 6 p.m.
Tuesday, September 20 — Football Toss @ 3 p.m.
Wednesday, September 21 — Spencer Butte Hike @ 11 a.m.
Thursday, September 22 — Eugene Jeopardy @ 6 p.m.
Friday, September 23 — Karaoke @ 6 p.m.
Saturday, September 24 — Welcome Party @ noon
Monday, September 26 — Eugene Ins and Outs @ 8 p.m.
Tuesday, September 27 — Floor Meetings @ 5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 28 — Casino Night @ 6 p.m.
Thursday, September 29 — TC International Night @ 7 p.m.